Thursday, December 6, 2007

Final Blog

Reflecting on what I learned throughout the semester given the resources to learn css. I would say that the two textbooks that were required and the use of Lynda.com where very helpful. Each in there own way, Eric A. Meyer's book was helpful because of the examples that were given and it was easier and convenient to follow through and learn that way even though they were also in Lynda.com. I personally feel a web design book should always be in color and this fit that qualification, I need to be able to see images in color instead of just plain black and white pages and for that reason they get more of a thumbs up. Both textbooks this semester fit that description. The lynda movies are always helpful and very informative it is just a matter of following through constantly a few lessons at a time and staying awake, some where too long. While reading Andy Clarke's transcending CSS I found many interesting things, and incorporated them to my work flow some new techniques or steps in order to make sites more productively. This book had more of an advanced type of css in the examples that were given and more of a designer's point of view. I have always done sketches on a notepad and then a wireframe or two in Photoshop. This semester I realized that depending on the design it is most helpful to do as many prototypes as possible to obtain a better understanding of what the site will look like and to be sure something is missed while making a site in just one sitting. This semester was my fist time using CSS and although I know I have a good sense of understanding on how it works and the power it has. I know that I still need to learn more about it.

No comments: